Monday, June 24, 2013

Got to remember my limits and forget my ego..

Last Monday I took a hot class.   It was probably 95 degrees in there but that generally is a challenge but not a great one.    The big issue was that somehow I got a bit of food poisoning and it started to hit me right before class.   After about a half an hour I could feel myself flagging and getting pretty tired.  Instead of just getting up an leaving,  I tried to stick it out until the end.   That was not the best idea as I really could not do what I expected of myself.   Finally, with about 5 minutes to go,  I scooped up my mat and towel and water bottle and left.  I did not even stop to roll them up.   I was pretty close to losing it.

I should have not have started, as I knew something was wrong right before class.    I guess ego comes into play at these times.  Thinking I could stick it out.   To be fair,  I had some stomach issues for a few days and so I just thought it was a continuation of that problem.    

I took me a few days to get back to normal.   No more cheese with rind for me anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment