Thursday, August 1, 2013

The lure of the Indian Buffet

There is an Indian Buffet near me that is only $7.99 and has more veggie items than meat items so there is a ton of food to choose from.   I try not to eat too much but it tastes so good.   Some of the items are deep fried,  most probably have Ghee in them   (clarified butter)  and some I know must have cream in them so I am sure that I got my fill of fat today..    We all can't be prefect on the diet front and with the Lentils that I ate  (Dal), the Paneer  (cheese)  etc.  I got a great amount of protein.  

They had some vegetables but all were in a sauce with the exception of a great cabbage dish  (they they always seem to have).    

They did have these deep fried balls of lentil flour,  spices and sliced raw chilies.   Tasty and spicy.

Such things in moderation are great, and I probably won't go back for 2 months. 

I resisted going back for a third plate and any dessert but even with that I am full.


No comments:

Post a Comment