Thursday, December 12, 2013

Hitting a goal / conversation with Klaus

 My coworker told me he would never do Yoga because he is too weak and not flexible enough.   My retort was that Yoga is within you and that it becomes what you want it to be.   Just because you feel you are not good at something does not mean you should try it.  The fact that he is inflexible only means that his personal Yoga will start at a less flexible point than someone who is 20 and was a gymnast for 15 years.   By practicing,  he will get stronger and more flexible.  That is the true nature of a practice, it is your body and you are working it.   A steady,  regular practice will both strengthen you and increase your flexibility.

I was loose enough this evening to flatten my hands on a forward fold.   That is a good thing.    I can remember when touching my toes was an extreme stretch.   Who knows if  I will ever do this again.  I have been trying to do that for over a year.

Two earlier goals were doing a headstand in the middle of the room and a handstand.    I was able to do these a few months ago.   My new goals are a good Half Moon,  standing hand to big toe and Dancer.  Each of these require different  strength and different flexibility.   I thought I would never get up on my head or hands so I will try try try to do it.


If I can do this,  then anyone can!

Namaste


   
Yay!

Yay Again!

No comments:

Post a Comment