Thursday, May 16, 2013

Work, Travel Challenges

The past week has been the hardest week on my practice.    My hotel room in  Kusatsu Japan was too small to practice in and there was no gym.   In addition,   work really started at 7:30 when we took a 40 minute train ride to our factory and then ended 12 hours later when we took the train back.   Long days and no room make a difficult practice. 

I was able to practice yesterday and today in Osaka where my room was larger.   I can feel the results of the layoff  (very tight lower back and hamstrings) and neither of them were good sessions.    

Eating in Japan is also a challenge. Everything seems to have fish and meat in it.   There was one work dinner where all I had was some salad and french fries.  That was a challenge to say the least to see tons of Sushi and Sashimi in front of me.   I really liked it in my past life. 

Well.  Off to the plane for the long trip home.


No comments:

Post a Comment