Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Yoga on the Road

I spend a lot of my time for work traveling both domestically and internationally.     The best thing about having a home focused practice is that I can continue to practice even away from home. 

For traveling purposes I bought a Gaiam travel mat.  It is very light  and folds up to a little larger than a t-shirt.    It is not very thick  but it does work well on hotel room rugs and would work well on top of Yoga studio rental mats

http://blog.gaiam.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/05-52857.jpg
Gaiam Travel Mat





As long as I do not have any evening plans  (and sometimes I can fit in a practice session even with plans) I can practice in my room if it is large enough  (and most modern American hotels have enough space if you move the coffee table) or in the hotel gym.   The mat is a little thin to use on a hard floor but it works OK even that way.

Going away from home is no excuse for going away from your practice.





No comments:

Post a Comment